Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2008

November 3: Acts 1

Here is what God is saying to me through this chapter: Two times in this chapter the word “witness” is used. Jesus said to his followers “you will be my witnesses” (v.8) and then later in the chapter the disciples talk about the importance of replacing Judas with someone who can “become a witness…of His resurrection” (v.22). The Greek word for “witness” is “martyr.” We are to give our lives by dying to self (martyr) and living in such a way that we become a proof that Jesus Christ is alive and limitless.


Here is what I will do today because of what God is saying to me: Although I can’t be a literal, eye-witness to the resurrection of Christ, I can still be a witness that he lives today. I can do this through my life and through my words. Today, I will look for opportunities to love and care for people extravagantly, selflessly. This kind of love goes a long way in proving that Jesus is still alive because he has changed my heart. If I have a chance to use my words as a witness to the reality that Christ is alive, I will make the most of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we fail to continue witnessing how Jesus changes us, Christianity will fade. God promised power from the Holy Spirit. This power can and will change hearts. God has transformed me in so many ways in the last three years. Now, I need to continue sharing Christ’s love with everyone around me. I need to share the gospel and this love locally and to the ends of the earth.

Anonymous said...

I especially like vs.8 it reminds me that although I am called to be a witness for Christ I need God's Holy Spirit to be his witness. It gives me both peace of mind and hope knowing its by the power of his Holy Spirit that I'm called to do the work he calls me to do. As I've heard it said, many times and believe it to be true that God doesn't call you to do a work that he doesn't first empower you to do. I count it a great privilege to be a witness for him. I will pray and go and be the witness he calls me to be and to love others as he loves me.






















ch