Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

21 Days of Love: John 13

I have to admit that I have not always done a good job at loving people in the church. I have been judgmental, impatient, and unforgiving at times. While we don't have to like everyone, we are called to, in Jesus' words, "love one another as I have loved you" (John 13:34). Again, I confess, I have too often missed the mark of this "new command" Jesus gives us in John 13. Remember that Jesus issues this command just after he washed the feet of his disciples, knowing full well they would betray and deny him. And, shoot, he tells us to love others like he loves us. This means that we too must lovingly wash the feet of those who are bent on betraying and denying our worth, our identity, and our potential.

Lord, Jesus Christ, today I invite your love for me to flow through me to others, even those I do not particularly like. Amen!

No comments: