Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Unchained Challenge- Luke 22

Scripture: Luke 22:19 And Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

Observation: In the hands of Christ, the ordinary becomes extraordinary. Bread, after it was broken, becomes his body. Brokeness is necessary for the ordinary to become extraordinary. A childless old man named Abraham is broken and becomes the father of a great nation. An on-the-run deceiver named Jacob is broken and becomes Israel. Hebrew slaves are desperately broken and become the chosen people of God. In the hands of God, ordinary fishermen become extraordinary fishers of people. In the hands of God, Simon becomes Peter and Saul becomes Paul. In the hands of Christ, the ordinary becomes extraordinary when it is broken.

Application: My life and abilities are pretty ordinary, but in the hands of Christ my ordinary life becomes extraordinary. Like he does with the bread, He takes me, breaks me, and gives me to the world. And when he does this, I become more nourishing, more extraordinary than I would be had I not been broken. The valley of brokenness has done more for my soul than the mountain of success.

Prayer: Lord, take my ordinary life into your hands today, break me by your love, and then give me to the world in a way that gives my ordinary life extraordinary impact. Amen.

No comments: