Search This Blog

Sunday, November 9, 2008

November 9: Acts 7

Here is what God is saying to me through this chapter: In 7:54-8:1 we are introduced to a guy named Saul who happens to be cheering on those who are stoning Stephen to death because of the latter’s faithful witness for Christ. Stephen’s willingness to live and even die by being Christ’s witness seems to have had a huge impact upon Saul. For this persecutor of Christians named Saul would eventually convert to Christ and be renamed Paul-the Apostle Paul! Stephen could not have foreseen the impact of his faithful witness for Christ upon Saul.

Here is what I will do today because of what God is saying to me: There are people watching my life, wondering if Jesus and my relationship with Him are really real. Saul certainly saw the genuineness and passion of Stephen’s relationship with Christ. Would Saul see that in me? Today I am going to live in such a way that my witness for Christ is so real and passionate that it has impact for Christ. I want to, like Stephen, follow Christ in a way that has impact upon those who observe my following.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pray that I can be as full of the Holy Spirit as Stephen is in verse 55 both in the good times, but also the most challenging times. Let my actions speak as loud as my words to be a faithful witness for Christ!